Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wearing down a "LBD"


Today I tried another thing of my "10 things to try this month" list: "wear a lbd in an effortless way".  I wanted a challenge so I decided to wear a basic and dressy sheath dress. The challenge was to really wear it down, so the look would be casual and sporty.

Today I had run a lot of errands, so I really wanted a super comfortable outfit. I just knew I had to wear my dressy black dress for this.


I must say it wasn't easy at all! This dress is very dressy and uptight, so I had to combine it with sporty pieces to achieve a  sproty, casual effortless look.

I started by adding layers to the dress: I chose an over-sized crop shirt with fringes and a distressed denim vest with little studs here and there.


To top all this pieces off, I put aside my heels for today, and decided to wear my super comfortable new balance sneakers. They add this pop of color in an edgy way, I love to wear them with "all black" outfits.

I like to think I really pull it off. I felt really good, it was like I was keeping a secret with my dressy dress underneath this sporty look.

Thanks a lot for reading!!


1 comment:

  1. I love your blogg. Where did you buy your new balance?

    ReplyDelete