Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Doing the s·s trends research


Yesterday I wrote about how I get my style ready for summer. Here is the next chapter, doing the research and taking notes for my own personal style.


1.  I Select all my favorite fashion magazines. If you have some trouble understanding fashion, then I recommend you start with the easy ones, those who give you styling tips of how to wear the trends. (Instyle, stylewatch, nylon). You can also go for the heavy, more conceptual editorials like Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and W magazine; Or even interpreter the trends on the runways. This can be a little hard and confusing sometimes, but if you read a lot, you won't have trouble doing it!


2. I Pick one magazine per day, find a comfy couch and grab a tasty snack. This is my alone time to relax, and have a great time by myself.


3. I do my notes everywhere, on the magazines, my field notebook and agenda. I always find 10 thing to try for the month, sometimes I do this on my mind, but I did this one on paper so I can share it with you.


4. It's amazing when I find real inspiration on a magazine! like this awesome page a found on Vogue, they describe a trend so beautifully, that I wished I would write like this..

I am going to finish by quoting a fraction of this page: "These are confident looks fro strong female leads. Don't be afraid to be the hero -- after all, fashion glory never goes to the timid. Virtue is bold, as Shakespeare wrote, and goodness never fearful."



No comments:

Post a Comment