Saturday, March 15, 2014

Metals, blossoms and bees.


Last Saturday I had to attend  a wedding ceremony. It was officiated during midday, in one of the most beautiful churches here in Guatemala.

I must say, I truly dislike going to weddings. It's a personal thing.. But,  I like being polite, so if I'm invited, I'll go. Probably I'll break some dress code rules, cause let's face it: they're just boring and sometimes absurd!


For this look I decided to wear a two piece set dress. Although it was a cropped top, the pencil skirt was high waisted, so I didn't show my stomach.
I went for a long sleeve top with crew neck and a knee length pencil skirt. (this was me being polite, following the rules.) But I chose a bold, yet feminine print. (this was me being naughty, breaking the rules.)


I wanted to keep the glamour, but I also wanted to add some edge to the outfit. So I wore this fabulous metallic sandals with cutouts. I just love how much they add to any outfit I wear with them.





To add a little more edge in a feminine way, I wore this pretty bee long earrings, with a low pony tail. I chose a simple black leather clutch cause I felt I had mixed enough textures and colors already.


This is how I created this edgy yet appropriate look for a wedding day. For me it worked, I felt comfortable and satisfied with it. Plus, I received great compliments!

Thanks a lot for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment