Monday, March 24, 2014

The blazer, some silk and a skull


Tonight I can check another thing out of my list: "Really rock a blazer"! I have to say, this is not easy for me, I have some kind of phobia for blazers. What's funny is that couple of years ago, I used to adore them. I have a lot of them in every color stored in my closet! 

The story why I don't like very much wearing a blazer is that they immediately add me years, I just look so much older. I started noticing that when random people in the street would "mam" me. I don't mind looking my age don't get me wrong, but "mam" it was too much, it freaked me out and I just stopped wearing blazers. Since that day, I haven't been called "mam" again!


Now whenever I want to wear a blazer I always, always go for really effortless looks, the more casual the better! So, this look it's really casual, effortless and easy to wear, specially for hot summer days.

I wore this amazing blazer, it was my mom's back in the 70's, it's made of line so it's really breezy, plus the color it's just incredible. It's a dusty lilac, really trendy right now.


I mixed it with a light, silk blouse. I love this kind of blouses they always work, no matter with what I wear them, they always make me look simply nice.
I added my favorite skull necklace, (this won't be the last time you see it!) for a more kind of edgy vibe.


Because I wanted something very casual, I decided to combine all this pieces with some distressed, hombré washed, denim shorts. They gave me that young factor that I needed. To top that off, I added a pair of sporty inspired sandals. To keep that young edgy vibe to the whole look.

I must say nobody "mam" me the whole day and night, and I did a lot of activities: beauty supplies shopping, went for an ice-cream, lunch, some shopping and later that night I wet to the movies. So I can say I really rocked that blazer!

Thanks a lot for reading my lovely readers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment