Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Organizing a summer closet


This is the last chapter of my "Getting ready for summer" post. 
Actually, I don't organize my wardrobe in a methodical way. I just shove all my winter pieces I won't be using, to the bottom of my closet. For example:
  • fur coats and vests.
  • chunky knits
  • ponchos
  • fury scarves
  • leather pants
  • really warm boots 


Although there are some winter trends that have made it for summer too. So I like keeping those pieces handy. Like:
  • the crisp minimal blouse (I love this blouse from Waltheria! It gives edge to a minimal look.)
  • leather shorts, skirts and dresses
  • lace-up ankle boot sandals
  • statement necklaces 


Of course I never forget about my basics, those have to be always on top of my closet! I wear them all the time, so it's important to keep them fresh and updated.


I also have my personal basics, I love to wear oversized sweaters. These are my two ultimate favorites, they always give me this effortless chic vibe to my outfits.
The one on the left is a sweatshirt dress from HE-BI. It has that dark embellished look which is still on trend. And the second one is from Zara, it's not only super comfy, light and easy to wear, but also has a sentimental value.


Finally, the most obvious step, I extract all the trendy pieces from last summer, cause let's face it: the trends don't change that much. What changes is how you style it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment